Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lumberjackin' with the Lawlors

We invited the Lawlor's up to the house on Sunday to have lunch and watch the Bristol race. We've known the Lawlor's for, I don't know, 6 years maybe. Dave was a client of mine when I worked at Dixon Hughes. He is just a super nice and likable guy. We became friends over the years. We've gone to handful of NASCAR races together and share a common interest in the local hockey team as well. Maybe we can go to the Martinsville race again this year.

Dave knew that Mike was splitting wood for our wood burning stove and he decided he wanted to take a crack at it. He wanted to hearken back to his younger years. Leslie and he used to have a wood burning stove years ago. Mike thought Dave wouldn't have enough 'ass' behind him to split much wood...here are some 'action' photos, you judge for yourself.



Dave's son, Shaun gave it a shot too...



I was just impressed that the weight of the maul didn't make him fall over!!

Here are all the 'manly men' doing their manly men duties!! And of course there's Yana, offering her moral support.

Let this be a warning to all of you potential future guests out there...I've learned from my former co-worker Diane, that if you want to come over and partake of some free food, well, you'll have to work for it first!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I'm coming over again but I ain't splitting wood!

Melissa, A.K.A. Lisa said...

what the hell, I'm still tweaking it...you can't comment yet