Thursday, April 7, 2011

Flying High (continued)

I know that everyone has been anxiously awaiting this post (ha).

Mike decided that he wanted to go hang gliding. So, the hotel called someone for us. This person said that the winds weren't good for hang gliding so we settled for hang gliding with a motor. Basically, the guy is strapped to a big fan.

Everyone knows that heights are not my favorite thing. We got out to the dunes and Mike goes first. They start to take off and the chute gets tangled. That was all it took, I told Mike he should take the camera to take pictures because I wasn't going. That was that. That's the reason there aren't too many pictures of Mike.














Maybe you can tell how high he was. They did a few aerobatics which were impressive. They landed at the same spot they took off from. It was a bit of a crash landing but they lived.

So, based on the fact that Mike lived, I said what the hell, I'll go for it!!!!!




Me before takeoff, making sure I listen to every dang thing this guy has to say. Surprisingly, I wasn't really nervous. My stomach wasn't churning, I was pretty calm really.

He says run so I run like my life depends on it!










The hard part was that you didn't really have a seat. You were
strapped to the pilot and basically had a harness holding you up. Not to give TMI, but it was a bit rough on the nether regions. Not to mention that it was quit the workout on the abs. I held onto the harness straps for dear life. The pilot kept rubbing my arms and telling me to relax and enjoy the ride. I did enjoy the ride but there was no relaxing to be had.

It was enjoyable and I'm glad I did it but I won't be signing up to do it again.

As for the landing, I'd give Mike a 2 and I'd give me a 10!!! It was perfect. The pilot said it was a fast landing because there wasn't much wind. I rock!!

The pilot wanted us to write something in his client book. I wrote, "I prayed the whole time that I wouldn't die and I didn't".



Our trusty pilot and girlfriend and two very relieved people.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, I LOVE this post. I don't think I could ever do it, so good for you guys!!

Annette said...

It was a few days between the time you said Mike wanted to hang glide and this next post. whew! I'm glad it was a success.