Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Tried...

Mike has been complaining about how much I pay for a haircut. I really don't think that it's that expensive. I think I pay $40 (before tip). And I still go to my girl in Charlotte even though I live in Mooresville (soon to be Statesville) now. But it's really not that inconvenient since I still work in Charlotte and I just stop by after work for a cut.

Anyway, my girl was out of town so I decided to try a place that is right near the house in Mooresville. It was supposed to cost $28. The appointment was yesterday at 5pm, but she changed it to 5:30. That was fine, I showed up at about 5:25. When I get there the lady is still working on her previous client's hair. She comes over and goes into this long rant about what she's having to do to change this girl's hair color and says it'll be just a little bit before she's ready for me. OK, fine. So, I waited and waited. After a 20 minute wait, I decided that at 6pm I was leaving. So, with 3 minutes to spare, she comes and gets me at 5:57. You can imagine my delight. Then, after making me wait an eternity, she asks if I want my hair shampooed or can she just use a spray bottle. What the heck??? She made me wait and now she's trying to skimp on my services (probably so she can get back to the color chick). But, of course, I relent. So, she's trimming away and I'm trying to give a dang about her life story she's telling me. Then, out of no where she says she's finished. I look at the clock and it's 6:07!!!! She only cut my hair for 10 minutes!!! I could not believe it. She ended up only charging me $20...which is pretty steep if you ask me for 10 minutes worth of work. I refused to tip her and told her I didn't need to make an appointment for next time. She said to just give her a call, and remember "my name's Anita, like Anita haircut (get it)!" I wanted to slap her by then.

As I was driving out of the parking lot I was already on the phone with my regular place and making an appointment with my regular girl. At least I can tell Mike I tried to find a cheaper place, but it was obviously cheaper for a reason.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...I hate haircuts!! Trying to find the right person is such a pain. And $40 is not bad at all! Guys just have no idea. Heck, Joe doesn't see why I can't just cut my hair at home like he does!

Anonymous said...

Just a hint. . . Always pay your beautician in cash and don't tell hubby how much you paid. You know, don't ask, don't tell.

Mom

Absolutely Kathy said...

I agree a charlotte haircut that is 40 dollars is pretty cheap from what I have heard. I am not looking forward to trying to find a new haircut person. But I don't really want to drive into gastonia everytime I need a haircut. So many changes lol

Lisa said...

I agree with your mom!