Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trip to L.A.

Well, Mike and I left for sunny California last Thursday. We flew back on Sunday. The main point of the trip was to see two Angel's games. We saw the Thursday and Friday games. The Angels won both, Friday's by a walk-off home run. Thursday, we saw K-Rod tie the all-time saves record. So, that was definitely fun!!

Now, as for the rest of the visit...just so, so. If you ask Mike, he'd say that the highlight of the trip was bacon. Yes, that's right, bacon. He was so in love with the bacon served by the Doubletree at breakfast I thought he'd never shut up about it. He gorged himself on it both mornings we were there and went on and on about how he'd never had such good bacon in all his life. He's easily entertained!! (This blog is really pissing me off, I can't get it to put a blank line between these two paragraphs. I've tried like a hundred times!!! What the heck!!!!!)
Other than the baseball games, we did some sightseeing. L.A. proper wasn't much to see if you ask me. Hollywood was very dirty and quite frankly, a little scary. Beverly Hills is overrated. L.A. is surrounded by some beautiful mountains though. We explored the Angeles National Forest on Friday afternoon. There were some really nice, twisty roads (better suited for our bike than the rental car). And let me just say, California should really consider investing in bathrooms with running water. A toilet that flushes is all I ask for. Anyway...these are some pictures from Friday...


I thought this was one of the most amazing sights I'd ever seen. From the lookout from the mountains, all you could see were clouds!

More mountain pictures (see above).

On Saturday the plan was to drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and stay outside of Santa Barbara. Well, the coastline along the highway was nice, what we could see of it. There was so much haze, or smog, I'm not sure, that the view was very limited. Once we got to Goleta, we drove through the Santa Ynez Mountains (I think, I can't really remember). Anyway, it was actually very pretty. Again, may I suggest that California invest in a few more rest stops. These are a few pictures...


Notice there are no pictures of Mike and I. That's because the pictures were less than flattering. The camera and I are not friends. I don't think I'll be going back to L.A. for anything other than baseball games anytime soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for finally updating! Even though I already heard about your trip on the phone yesterday I enjoyed looking at the pictures. I hope you have a nice relaxing next couple of days at the Grove Park Inn!