Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Best Ride Ever?

I'm behind in my posting, just have not had the time. This post is about a ride we took on a rest day last Friday while in Cafayette.

Our guide, Fukundo, recommended a loop for us to take. He failed to mention that the first part of the loop was dirt. That was fine though. The ride was so good because the roads were good and the scenery was just awesome. There was always something to look at. The first part of the ride was more of a desert type scenery, the second part was really a beautiful green, and the last part was more of a red, canyon scenery. There were also some hairy water crossings. Apparently there has been a lot of rain here this summer. I took a crap load of pictures on this day. These are the highlights:






I like this one because it has the colorful vineyard in the foreground with the mountains in the background.




I think this is just the coolest picture with the distinctive line of clouds.



The pictures of the green mountains don't do it justice. You can't imagine how beautiful this was. I imagine this is what New Zealand would look like.












Just a few more intreating sights from the day:



Notice the water in the road?



You never know what might be around the next corner.



I'm sure the wooden bridge is safe!

This was my favorite day of the trip so far. I like it even more because it was just Mike and me. The rest of the group missed out on most of this stuff.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love all of the pictures.. looks like such a FUN trip!

Anonymous said...

Tell Mike to buy that car. Maybe he can fix it up and race it.

Dad

Susan said...

Those pictures are beautiful!